Aim for Results (Bonnie Emmorey)
Are you interested in taking your speaking to the next level? Do you want to go from Inspirational to Transformational? This session will give you the tools to make that happen. Discover the secret to having your audience actually remember and apply your message to their own lives. Learn to work within an aim frame and you will never be long-winded again. This technique will give your audience take-home value.
Click here to learn more about your instructor: Bonnie Emmorey
Jitters to Joy: Hurdling the Fears of Public Speaking (Don & Anne Denmark)
Public Speaking is still America’s No. 1 fear. Yet our ability to communicate both orally and in writing is enormously important for Kingdom impact.
Let’s come together in an interactive setting to set these fears and hesitations out on the table. By admitting jitters exist, naming them and sharing our common journey we can reduce their grip on us.
In this breakout we will:
- Take courage from famous people who faced their speaking fears
- Highlight your ‘Why’ – and keep it visible
- Identify your fearful self-talk and replace with truth
- Explore effective ways to reduce anxiety with tips for;
- Good planning
Carol Kent frequently shares this quote. “We won’t remove your butterflies entirely; we’ll just get them to fly in formation.” John Wolfe
Market Ready Books (Cyle Young)
Why do some books get contracted by publishers and others don’t? Because, not every book, proposal, idea, or platform is equal. This class teaches you the ins and outs of a manuscript’s salability, timing, and marketability and equips you with the understanding of how to create products that are market ready.
Click here to learn more about your instructor: Cyle Young
What makes a Non-Fiction Book a Success? (Karen Porter)
Dissect several best sellers in class and learn what you can do to put your book on the same path. Learn where the pattern of success begins and where it leads.
Click here to learn more about your instructor: Karen Porter
Speaking & Writing Tracks
Designing a Ministry Focused Website (Cindy Bultema)
Designing a website can be an intimidating task, especially if you are “non-techie.” Speaker and author Cindy Bultema will share tips and strategies for you to create a professional online home which also serves as an effective ministry tool. Whether you are computer literate or a newbie, this workshop is for you! Together, we’ll:
- Generate a list of “must haves” for your website, including testimonials, video samples, printable one sheets, and helpful ways to connect through social media.
- Create an engaging website blueprint emphasizing your personality, passions, experiences and ministry products.
- Discuss practical ways to effectively increase your online presence.
Click here to learn more about your instructor: Cindy Bultema
Ministry is a Marathon not a Sprint (Jenn Hand)
How to Run the Race Even When You Feel Like an Unqualified Runner
Hebrews 12:1-2 tells us that since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us run the race with endurance that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the author, and perfector of our faith. It can be tempting to think of ministry as a race that we need to run FAST and furious. This can lead to quick burnout, competition with others in ministry, or injury.
This workshop will help participants see ministry as marathon versus a sprint, teaching them to:
- Recognize what the object of our ministry race really is—hearing Jesus say at the finished line, “ Well done, my good and faithful servant.”
- See how comparison to others running the race can prevent us from running our own race well. Learn how to encourage those in the ministry with us, while running the pace God has set for us not them
- Learn how to recognize burnout and prevent soul injury from running to fast or to far without proper rest and training.
Click here to learn more about your instructor: Jenn Hand
Event Timeslots (1)